Sunday, April 20, 2008

Yesterday I walked with Ashley to Walmart. We don't have a car and we wanted to go for a walk somewhere. I'm not sure how many miles it was, but we figured about 10 there and 10 back. It took us an hour and a half to get there and then we bought some toilet paper and had to carry it back. I got a limp because my hip started hurting (I'm not sure why). Today I had the morning with God and I was reading the story of David starting when it first mentions him to the point where he had the chance to kill Saul and he didn't. It is amazing how great a friend Jonathan was and how much he helped David. God is an even greater friend. I'm really trusting God right now because I still need to raise support for my trip to Haiti. We leave on April 30th. I'm very excited to be going. In the past year in Haiti the price for rice rose 90% and lots of people are angry and starving because they don't even have enough money for rice (the cheapest food). I would like you to pray for this country and that when we go we will be able to make a difference.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Still no driver's license, eh? Hoofing it to Wal-Mart is one way to stay in shape...

lightpaths said...

Paul and I used to walk to walmart and all across town when we were in KS with no car.

It takes more or less an hour to walk 5 miles, so unless you were jogging, you probably didn't go 10 miles but actually around 5.

If you walk there and back more it won't seem like so far or so long.